The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off Week 40 2019


This week's day off was quite similar to last week's. I wanted to make it different as it is easy to get stale but there we are. I read a chunk of Kevin DeYoung's book on the Synod of Dort Grace defined and defended and one or two stories from a collection called Capital Crimes. The former is beautifully produced - hard back with a lovely dust wrapper. Both books were good contnewise but in different ways. I also watched the latest Dave Gorman and then when Eleri came home we caught up on our TV (Sanditon, The Capture, A Confession). 

No comments: