The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meetings 16 and 23 October 2019


I am falling down on reporting our midweek meetings it seems. The two meetings were quite different in that the second fell in half term and so it was a different set of people at the two meetings. We were seven on the 23rd and a similar number on the 16thif I remember correctly. We follow the same format each week - a hymn, prayer and reading reading, address, prayer point gathering, time of prayer and the benediction said together. We sit in a circle. At both meetings I was speaking from Haggai. I tried to be interactive both times. In the one on the 23rd I probably should have taken a little less (I went all the way from 2:10 to the end). Nobody seemed to mind that the meeting went on a little longer. It is always good to pray.

No comments: