The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

One night with the king


This has been out in the States for some time. I think I am right in saying it is set for release on DVD here on March 01. This trailer for American Theaters (as they call them) lasts 1:34.

2 comments:

brent said...

I've seen it and it's worth viewing. It seems more like a chick flick but has some action. What I liked was it gave a feel for the times and helped the Book come alive.

I'm sure you will like picking out the inconsistencies. My wife gets onto me for this.

An even better movie is the one about the birth of Jesus. I think I've commented on it at my site and maybe on A Night...

Enjoy.

b

Gary Brady said...

Tanks for that info. It's certainly a great story to choose.