The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Spot the mistake 02


I was going to try here - what's wrong with the first picture but perhaps it's fairer to say, which of these two pictures is more accurate? (Nothing to do with the styles in which the lions are presented).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 2 seems to have age and darkness in its favour. I'm not sure about the gold handcuffs though!

Gary Brady said...

I'm glad someone's on my wave length. Yes, Daniel was in his eighties by the time he ended up in the lions' den, although he is often shown as a young man.