The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

A brief case of change

After about 18 months to two years using a rucksack style bag I've decided to go back to the briefcase. We had some money given to us recently and I decided to splash out on a nice black leather job made by interface. The main reason was that my papers were getting messed up too easily with the bag. Apparently I'm bucking the current trend which arises from a general casualisation that has even extended to what we carry things in. My new one has an insert for carrying a laptop in and a carrying strap. It's similar to the one illustrated but not the same. For a little more on the history of briefcases and related matter click here. For an offbeat 9/11 story featuring a briefcase click here.

No comments: