The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Beatles worst (and best)

People often speak of the best Beatles song, what about the worst Beatles songs ever? When I looked a month or so ago I'm sure there was no reference to this on the web but looking again now I see this here.
Here's my list -
1. Revolution #9
2. Continuing story of bungalow bill
3. Hold me tight
4. Savoy truffle
5. Honey Pie
6. Glass Onion
7. Gnik Nus
8. Everybody's got something to hide
9. Anna (Go to him)
10. Rocky Raccoon
There is actually more on this subject I find here and here etc, etc
Best Beatles songs ever? Not sure, perhaps
1. And your bird can sing 2. Across the universe 3. Norwegian wood 4. In my life 5. Good day sunshine 6. Hello, goodbye 7. Day Tripper 8. I feel fine 9. Here, there and everywhere 10. Revolution
Best Album: Revolver. Also see here for an album by album line up.

No comments: