The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

A horse of course


The Frank Ward & Co. Sols. (Pro-Am) Flat Race took place at Leopardstown in Ireland at 5 pm today. Why do I mention it? My father 'phoned earlier today to say that there was a horse in it called ... wait for it ... Gary Brady! I knew about the Canadian politician and the footballer and the folk singer and even the Seventh Day Adventist pastor but not the horse.
Gary Brady I discover is 11st 11 and a gelding. He's owned by a Ms Gillian Burke (coincidentally Burke is my middle name). The trainer is a Noel Meade.
I couldn't find a picture of the horse but I have included a horse I saw on my only trip to Ireland a little while back. This is on the beautiful Donegal coast. They do not name racehorses until they are ready to race.

No comments: