The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Knives, cribbage, etc


Another personal still life. This one features a green tobacco tin (my father gave up smoking years ago but, as I may have mentioned in the past, the old tins survive - I found several in the flat as we cleared up), a small case of tea knives (a wedding present to mam and dad rarely used), a Pontypool Male Choir blazer badge, a home made cribbage board (not sure who made it but it's been round all my life) and the stub of a ticket to Vancouver where my Uncle Peter lives.

No comments: