The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Cards, ruler, lock, etc

This time we have a numberof items (10 points if you can identify every item!) - a metal puzzle (representing my disappointment on a Christmas morning when I received such presents), what I learn is called a crinkle cutter (mam's - I remember it being new), three packs of cards (dad liked to play now and again), a bottle opener (best remembered opening tins of evap at Sunday tea time), an old fashioned rotary dial telephone lock (remember those? - my sister was the problem not me!) and finally a six inch plastic ruler with holes for measuring the size of knitting needles (my mam's, of course).

No comments: