The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Notebook, tin and nutcracker

Okay, I think this is the last. Here we have an old red spined purple hardbacked notebook that was my grandmother's. It mostly contains addresses and phone numbers and recipes and I remember it well and with affection. Then there is a rusty nutcracker that used to come out at Christmas. Finally, and best of all, an old tin in which my mother would keep pins (see another example in the second photo). Interestingly, it was made by the D F Tayler Company and once contained (well named) Dorcas dressmaking pins.

No comments: