The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Phonetic crib cards


My dad spoke not a word of Welsh. If you're in a Welsh choir, however, they expect stuff in Welsh. What to do? There are always a few who have the Welsh and they have perfected the art of English phonetics. (Here 'C' is used rather than 'K' but notice the 'V' there on the top one. It's not entirely consistent). These I would guess are in my dad's handwriting copied from elsewhere. We found lots of crib cards like this in English, Welsh adn in this style. My dad always found it difficult to remember words to songs. (I notice that the Battle hymn of the Republic in English is there with the others).
For more phoneticised Welsh - see video here

No comments: