The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Not so silent


This is the current Focus guitarist some years back with a seasonal piece. (He reminds me of Prince William a little).

3 comments:

john edmonds said...

at last, a backing track for carols by candlelight!

Family Blogs said...

I was at a Van Morrison concert in 1995 when a brilliant Irish folk band played the opening set. The crowd was dismal, and barely applauded. The lead singer said at the end of his set 'Thank you very much, you've been a very intelligent audience(!).

There's some great guitar work on this clip but the folks in the background look like they're bored out of their brains. Obviously another 'intellgent audience'!

Gary Brady said...

John - not exactly my idea but glad you enjoyed it. Andrew - I guess Niels was not the one they voted for! Does Van Morrison do carols? I guess he was brought up not to celebrate Christmass?