The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Hiatus - an apology


Definition

hiatus noun [ C usually singular ] formal UK ​ /haɪˈeɪ.təs/ US ​ /haɪˈeɪ.t̬əs/
a short pause in which nothing happens or is said, or a space where something is missing:
The company expects to resume production of the vehicle again after a two-month hiatus.

We have been rather quiet here as on from August 10-19 my computer has been down (broken power cord) and so I have missed my usual items and the Aber Conference, whcih I usually comment on. We will see what we can do to bring things up to date. 

No comments: