The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 10 2020


Yesterday followed a similar pattern to recent weeks. We gathered to sing hymns at 10 am and that was a good time. After that we listened to the recording I had made last Friday on 2 Corinthians 2. It's still difficult but we're getting a better idea. In the evening we zoomed again. Rather than chit chat at the beginning we decided that our host would moot us at first and then I would begin. I had the wrong setting so I made people wait a bit longer than I intended but we were fine once we got on with it. I started a new series on Joshua. The first sermon in a series is usually quite long as was this one, looking just at the opening nine verses. People seem to be bearing up generally.

No comments: