The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day May 24 2020


This week was slightly different in that I didn't preach in the morning. A student with us, Benjamin Saunders, preached on Psalm 45 in the morning. He preached well. I did the rest if the service apart from  the reading and sermon. So I still had to out in a few hours putting the thing together. In the evening it was zoom again and Joshua 2. It was nice to have a visiting friend. We began in the morning with singing. It's all on our website.

No comments: