The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off Week 21 2020


This week's day off was okay but a bit bitty. I am trying to finish this Tom Holland book Persian Fire but didn't get too far. It was very warm yesterday. Another distraction was radio podcasts done by Louis Theroux. Fairly interesting, I guess. See here. At some point I read an obituary for Astrid Kircher at 81 (part of the Beatles story). In the evening we watched the last part of a Netflix series Unorthodox, which was interesting and quite moving. See here. I also began an assault on a manuscript I am hoping to make fit for publishing on Amazon. As for the book contribution I mentioned last time two good things - the cover is now prepared - see here. I was also notified that the first seven volumes of the Transactions of the Congregational Historical Society are online. They contain eight articles on my subject. Nice providence. See here.

No comments: