The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 25 2021


And so at last we were back to two in person services with singing last Lord's Day. It felt a little strange and I must confess I was on edge a little now that the rules are there but not quite. I think I was a little flat anyway. I'm running our of fizz and need a holiday I think. Preaching with freshness each time is not easy. Anyway, it was Luke 8:1-3 in the morning and the final chapter of Joshua in the evening. We were around 12 in the evening and more like 30 in the morning with a few on zoom for both services.

No comments: