The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 39 2021

 


So there was the usual walking and coffee. I read a big chunk of Andrew Wilson's very readable God of all things which I really enjoyed. It is well written, slightly quirky (I loved the way he managed to slip in the invention of Bovril for example) and good biblical theology always heading for Christ. There were quite af ew things I'd never really picked up on such as the superiority of tools over weapons in God's economy. I also spent time catching up on notes for my daily Bible readings, which I'v egot rather behind on.

No comments: