The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Focus in Cardiff

Photo Credit> Barry Morris


Focus's latest London gig was on a Sunday so I decided to head to South Wales to catch them in Cardiff. They were at the Earl Haig Club in Whitchurch, Cardiff. I have several family members nearby, although most were away. (New definition of agonising - Focus come to a place near you and you are in California!). Anyway I stayed with my son and his family and had some quality time with my grandson and his parents. We were able to have a McDonalds breakfast the next day before I left, which was nice. It was also nice to meet up with my oldest friend Steve who was there with his wife and sister and her finance. (We enjoyed chatting - his new hip, when will retire, etc). Focus were on form. Not everyone present was a true Focus fan so they missed out La Cathedrale and went straight to Harem Scarem. Enjoyed Focus 7 and Song for Burt, the less familiar items, and plenty of AQQA in the encore. Great stuff.

No comments: