The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 7 2022


I was not preaching yesterday. I am staying in Aberystwyth and so I was attending the church where my son is pastor. He was not preaching partly because he was still on paternity leave. (News on my new grandson elsewhere). I listened to Stuart Olyott in the morning and Ian Jones in the evening. Ian is an elder with Rhodri in Alfred Place Baptist Church. The morning sermon on inward peace was particularly clear and searching. Good day. We had Roger Lindie down in Childs Hill. No news yet.

No comments: