The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Coincidence at the Pantheon

Last Tuesday found us at the Pantheon. A truly amazing building it really is worth seeing. This website gives you a good idea why. To add to the amazingness we bumped into an African American family who have recently begun attending the church and who also just happened to be near the Pantheon that day too. If I'd not read the fascinating book Beyond Coincidence by Plimmer and King (see here) I would have been utterly bowled over. Consequently I was only pretty amazed.

No comments: