The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Graddio

As mentioned, it's the end of term and most of my boys have headed off with Eleri to the urdd Centre in Llangrannog, West Wales (Welsh concentration camp I often call it). See here for more. Last week the two youngest "graduated" which was about dressing up and making a speech (they'll be back in the same school next year). Sadly, I missed it but it looked good fun.

1 comment:

Alan said...

I went to Llangrannog on a language weekend many moons ago and had a whale of a time.

This has not effaced the frisson of fear I feel whenever I hear the words Urdd Gobaith Cymru, however.