The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Harry Potter etc

Everyone's back after a nightmare 12 hour return journey from Llangrannog (the idea to go through Newbury was not a good one). Dylan (the only one of our boys to have read them all so far) got the new Harry Potter this morning and is about 150 pages in. For the last one we all went out at midnight and got pre-ordered copies. I must confess I turned straight to the final page. My lips are sealed.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Do we take it that you are not "agin it", then ? :-}