The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Last Week

It's only now that I'm catching up with myself and last week's activities. I made another dash to Newport last Thursday to see my dad who was in hospital. He's out now and making a good recovery from his operation. (The pic was taken earlier this year).



The night before my friend Ani Ekpo from Port Harcourt, Nigeria, was with us. I had the privilege of speaking at a ministers' conference organised by Ani just under three years ago. It was good to have fellowship again. Ani has a fine Reformed Baptist congregation and having organised pastors' fellowships and conferences in recent years he has now launched out with a Seminary for pastors. Some 16 men are training with lectures on several evenings a week. What a man of vision he is. We also talked about the setting up of an Evangelical Library in PH.

No comments: