The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 27 2020


Last week's day off was different in that Eleri was away in Aber. She left spaghetti Bolognese for us, which we enjoyed. I did some work on various writing projects I have in mind for future days and spent quite a bit of time binge watching a series I found on Channel 4's catch up service featuring Inspector Borowski based in Kiel, Northern Germany. It is all in German so you have to concentrate on the subtitles.

No comments: