The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day July 19 2020


I've left this rather but last Sunday went off okay. In the morning we were 13 in the chapel (one more than the previous week) and about 16 joined us on zoom. In the chapel we sang quietly. There are still some teething problems but we are getting there. I preached on the closing verses of 2 Corinthians 5. In the evening we zoomed and I preached on most of Joshua 8. We also had a recorded update on the work of CCM in The Philippines which was great. Heading back to sme sort of normality perhaps/

No comments: