The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Animal Songs

With yesterday's Transport theme I did think of 'Ride a White Swan' by T Rex (first single I ever bought). That would also qualify for animals (or birds and animals to be accurate).

1. Walking The Dog by Kaz Lux
2. Swing The Cat by The Penguin Cafe Orchestra
3. The Zebra by Jan Akkerman
4. Nellie The Elephant by The Toy Dolls
5. Brontosaurus by The Move
6. Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog by CCS
7. A Horse With No Name by America
8. Wild World by Cat Stevens
9. At The Zoo by Simon & Garfunkel
10. Man Gave Names To All The Animals by Bob Dylan

I think Numbers 2 and 8 should score double. Did The Animals do an animal track?

3 comments:

Mike. said...

Here's another off the wall one, though it's actually an album title:

'Dance of the Lemmings' by Amon Duul II.

Guy Davies said...

Cool for Cats Squeeze
Happy Jack The Who (about a donkey)

Gary Brady said...

Mike, the phrase beginning 'Get' and ending 'a life' comes to mind but I realise you're drawing on a misspent youth. I have to confess I've actually heard of Amon Duul (German?). As for Guy I suppose knowing Happy Jack's about a donkey is something you have to learn for the exams to be a mod (mods they're called I believe).