The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Blog of the week 1


THOMAS ADAMS PURITAN SHAKESPEARE

A Calvinist lived name of Adams
He preached against all of the bad'uns.
With puns and with quips
That fell from his lips
He fed both the sheep and the lambs.


I began this blog in 2007 and it can be found here There are over a hundred posts there at present. I first came across Adams when my parent-in-law ave me the three volume works in the Tanski edition. When i later listened to a week of lectures from Professor William Barker I took opportunity to pursue my studies with an essay on Adams (found on the blog and elsewhere).
Most popular post Want of a nail.

No comments: