The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day March 15 2020


As might be expected we were down a bit in numbers on Sunday but not drastically so. I decided to tackle the question of the moment head on. That sermon can be found in audio form here and in written form here. I was very encouraged to see one young man who came for the first time last week, back again. I also spoke briefly to the children about cornavirus and the gospel. Nice to have my grandchildren there. In the evening we had communion before the main service, which was again from the wonderful Song of Songs.

No comments: