The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting March 18 2020


We did meet last night although I know most churches did not. Parliament is still meeting and that swayed me. Eight of us gathered around a large table. (The table was up from the night before and served to keep us further apart than our usual ring). I read Psalm 46 and said some things and then we prayed. We also had some church business to deal with at the end and that went well. We are in strange times.

No comments: