The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Blog of the Week 2


THE SHORTER WRITINGS OF Dr D M LLOYD-JONES

Dr Lloyd-Jones, in God's Word skilled
Preached great sermons and great books wrote.
Volumes are with his writings filled
But here are briefer things to quote
Things he penned with which you'll be thrilled,
If you'll take time their gist to note

I began this blog in 2013 and it can be found here There are a little under a hundred posts there at present. I can't remember how my attention was drawn to the prefaces Lloyd-Jones wrote for various books but once I became aware of it as a topic I did all I could to trace each example and gave a paper at the Evangelical Library on the subject. Looking at the list of shorter writings in Iain Murray's biography I noticed there are also magazine articles and book reviews and I have tried to add these and one or two other things.
Most popular post Review of C S Lewis Screwtape Latters.

No comments: