The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day off Week 13 2020


Yesterday started early as I headed off to Aberystwyth to collect my son from university. Following Mr Johnson's announcement, we thought it best to go get him. I called in on my other son and his family, of course, and spoke over the garden gate. Strange to see Aber so empty. The roads were not too busy and we were home in time for tea. After tea I watched University Challenge and The Liar then the news. Exhausted by day's end.

No comments: