The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting March 25 2020


So we had our first prayer meeting last night on Zoom. The good thing is that there were more people than usual (16 or 17? from about 10 places) and I think more people prayed. Interestingly they prayed a bit longer I think. We had chosen prayers first then more random, everyone else muting while the one person prayed. We are still learning to use the equipment we have. We discussed a Sunday School lesson for the coming weekend and I think  that will happen.

No comments: