The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Farewell Saywells Saywell Farewells

Myself, Cathy, Geoff Thomas, Reuben, Andrew Saywell

I am rather behind with things here but last Saturday it was a great joy to be in Folkestone for the farewell service for Reuben and Cathy Saywell who hope soon to be in The Philippines. The Saywells are being sent by Grace Baptist, Folkestone and are working with GBM. My father-in-law Geoff Thomas preached and Andrew, myself, Geoff and Andrew prayed for them after a presentation by Reuben. Great to see so many there.

No comments: