The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day December 19 2021


Last Lord's Day we had our first Christmas sermons of the season. Because we were starting so late I plunged straight in with the shepherds and the wise men. I prepared fresh sermons on the familiar passages. I took particular note of the structure of the passages. We were a decent turn out morning and evening, supplemented by family members. We had communion in the evening. A man who has come more often recently was there morning and evening. Not sure if he has got beyond his need for money yet.

No comments: