The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Beatles songs that mention the night


1. Hard day's night
2. The night before
3. Good night
4. Good morning, good morning (Good Morning Good Morning We've talked the whole night through ... Now the milkman's on his way and it's too late to say good night So, Good Morning ... Good Morning Good Morning We've gabbed the whole night through)
5. Back in the USSR (Oh, flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C. Didn't get to bed last night)
6. I call your name (Oh, I can't sleep at night since you've been gone, I never weep at night I can't go on)
7. Eleanor Rigby (Look at him working, darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there)
8. Let it be (And when the night is cloudy There is still a light that shines on me)
9. Long and winding road (The wild and windy night that the rain washed away has left a pool of tears crying for the day)
10. It's only love (Is it right that you and I should fight, (every night))

No comments: