The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting Wednesday February 28 2018


Six of us trudged or drove through the snow to gather on Wednesday. We pressed on in Leviticus - Leviticus 22, a chapter I don't really know but was able to extract some nectar from. Philip Eveson's commentary continues to be a big help. We also prayed. I got Eleri to look for references to snow on her Christian Hymns app so we sung at the end a Graham Kendrick song most of us didn't know. It's only reference to snow is in the first line. The first verse is

Such love, pure as the whitest snow
Such love, weeps for the shame I know
Such love, paying the debt I owe
O Jesus, such love

Perhaps we'll try and sing it Sunday

No comments: