The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 4 2020


Last Tuesday was odd as I fully intended to be in Swansea for the Eccentrics Conference. As it turned out the car broke down on the M4 on Monday night and I had to be towed back home. So it was a more regular day off, although Eleri was home, which is unusual. Apart from sorting the car I watched University Challenge, did some blogging and read -  a bit of Catch 22 and a good chunk of Malcolm Gladwell's David and Goliath purchased the other day on the strength of the previous book. I also caught up on Bible reading.

No comments: