The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day January 12 2020

I
 do have two series in mind for Sunday mornings and evenings but partly becasue I was away at the Carey Conference in the week and it is easier to prepare something on a tet, I decided to go that route again. Both texts were from Isaiah and are in the hundred texts of ICM (see many other references to thision this blog). So in the morning it was Isaiah 55:1, a reworking of an evangelisitc sermon I preached about ten years back. In th evening it was an entirely fresh sermon on Isaiah 8:20 more for believers. We had typical numbers am (30-40) and pm (10-15). We had tea together before the evening meeting. Most of our travellers are back but some were sick and were missed We grieve that in some cases we do not know why people are missing.

No comments: